• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition to Partition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjf111

From Missouri. I have just returned from court regarding an ex-parte extension which was granted to me. However this question has nothing to do with that. His attorney said that he will be filing a petition to partition out jointly owned property once the pending criminal case is over. I have made all of the payments on the house since January. I sold my home in order to purchase this home and I used the proceeds from the sale of my home to purchase this home. When there is a partition filed, what happens and will i be able to recoup any of the monies I have spent up to this point? It is over $10,000.00 as of date with closing costs and paying the mortgage from Jan to now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">