• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

placing lien on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maddyjo2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My ex's new boyfriend put her name on the title to his house. I don't believe she is on the mortage, just the title. Can creditors put a lien on that house because she is now on the title? (She has more than one judgement against her). Or would the answer be no since the boyfriend's name is also on the title and he is not the debtor in question.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My ex's new boyfriend put her name on the title to his house. I don't believe she is on the mortage, just the title. Can creditors put a lien on that house because she is now on the title? (She has more than one judgement against her). Or would the answer be no since the boyfriend's name is also on the title and he is not the debtor in question.
**A: confusing post. Try again please.

maddyjo2

Basically, can a creditor place a lien on a house or property that has two names on the title when only one of them is the debtor?

seniorjudge

Basically, can a creditor place a lien on a house or property that has two names on the title when only one of them is the debtor?
A million people could own a piece of real estate and if one of them got a judgment against him/her/it, it may possibly be valid.

But you haven't given us enough information to answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">