• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Planting trees on a property line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stan

My neighbor, who I bought my property from, has decided to plant some trees alone our property line. He made no mention of his intension. I would prefer that no trees be planted since I bought the property because it is part of a fairly large open field neighboring other fields and I liked the feeling and views. These trees are planted close together and are an evergreen that is going to become huge. So if they have to be there my feeling is that they should be set back a reasonable distance to accommodate the mature size of the tree. Is there any legal precedent for such a request? I am gathering information before I talk with him. I live in Washington State.

[Edited by Stan on 03-05-2001 at 06:55 PM]

S

Stan

Well I have learned to pay more attention to my spelling. My correction has been posted. I must have been confused by the similarity between "setting precedent" and "sitting president"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">