• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoshS

Please help me out.

My G/F and I purchased a peice of property in July of 2001. We bought a modular home and put it on the property. Our property had a slight drainage problem when we bought it (which the seller did not inform us of either until after we had already bought the land). The proplem wasn`t too bad and we had bought several loads of topsoil and it seemed to be helping. In September of 2001,the county highway dept. came and re-dug the ditches. The problem is they stopped at our property line right in front of a crossdrain that runs under the road directly onto our property. Now our drainage problem has turned into a flooding problem. If it rains for over 2 hours at a time,I cannot even use half my driveway. The flooding is so bad sometimes that we can`t even wash our clothes because it backs the septic system up so much that it doesn`t even drain out of the house.

I have tried talking to the county raod superintendent and it has done no good. All they will tell me is that the land was this way when we bought it and that it s our problem :mad:

The problem could be fixed with about 25 loads of dirt,but dirt is outragous and we really don`t have $2,000 to spend on dirt.

Do I have any recourse in this or am I just screwed ???
Any advice will be greatly appericated.

Thanks,
Josh

BTW,I`m located in Tennessee

HomeGuru

Try talking with an attorney and civil engineer.
Next time spend some money and hire experts to inspect the property and do research before buying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">