• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa **************... Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texasdirtybird

we purchased a undeveloped lot from Franklin county in Texas that was owned for back taxes paid cash and have resale deed now P.O.A. says we owe them 900.00 in back POA fees from original owner but resale deed says nothing and we were never told anything about any other fees the POA after 9 years has not filed a lien on property, but now we own the lot they want us to pay and are telling us they will file a lien...... is this legal and how do we fight it****************************.. HELP P.O.A - property owners association.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Was there a title report done prior to purchase and did the closing involves escrow? Did you pay for title insurance? Also the deed may not warrant against any future claims. Anyway, I do not know what you are describing as P.O.A. If you are referring to a power of attorney, the attorney in fact may not have any ownership in the property.

texasdirtybird

property owners association

Was there a title report done prior to purchase and did the closing involves escrow? Did you pay for title insurance? Also the deed may not warrant against any future claims. Anyway, I do not know what you are describing as P.O.A. If you are referring to a power of attorney, the attorney in fact may not have any ownership in the property.
yes title search was done Franklin county was the only claim filed************** payed cash under 500.00 bought from county who filed lien no escrows involved.

HomeGuru

You did not answer all my questions. Title insurance? Anyway, if there is a POA, how come you never asked for an accounting statement or letter verifying that the account was current? The title search should have listed CC&R's or some other governing documents of the association.

texasdirtybird

Really**************.....

your joking right? the county of Franklin owned the property i went through there law firm who was handling the sale, they had the property for over 2 years with not one offer..... why now that i own the property would they want to collect? they never threatened the county who owned it for two years !!!!!!!!!!

tranquility

Um... I have good knowledge of real estate law (especially related to taxes) and I'm not sure what you mean by P.O.A. either. The way I'd usually use the term clearly does not fit. Perhaps you can use words rather than initials?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">