• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Position of house on two properties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Abby8278

My husband and I purchased house 10/85. Maintained bushes and tree until May 1996. If 15 years is adverse possession, how do we straightened this out?

Five years ago, new people moved in next door and informed me that three feet of my house is on their property. Information given at time of buying my house,(affidavit from former owner), says no reason title is not clear. Title insurance doesn't cover placement of house. I not required to have mortgage survey. The female next door told of thinking about privacy fence; two days later, fence up and on my property.
Situation and things have escalated and summer is coming.
Your answer may be too late for my political science paper, but at least I will know what my options and rights are at this time.

Thank you for responding,

Abby in Monroe County, MIchigan

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Hire a surveyor what If its Your neighbor that is wrong about the whole thing Including where she placed the fence . Should a survey prove her wrong and you find your lot info Is correct Use 2 monster size boulders to mark the lot line , and tell her to remove the fence in writing .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">