• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cwdjfd

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have the warranty deed to my home, the note is is someone else's name (so the bank owns the home) and they are getting foreclosed on and filing bankruptcy. They will turn this house over to the bank in 30 to 60 days. Do I have any rights considering I have the deed? I put $100,000.00 down and I can't afford to be put out with nothing. I've been here for 4 years with a 3600.00 a month mortgage/rent payment. Will the bank pay me to sign the deed to them?

Please Help:(

cwdjfd

FlyingRon

If the bank has a security interest in the property, they can't make you sign the deed over. They will foreclose however and then the sheriff will deed it for them without y our help.
The only real option is to pay off the bank.

You've got some 'splainin' to do. Under what circumstances did you come to own property subject to someone else's mortgage?

nextwife

Was the mortgage in place when you bought the house? If so, their interest is primary to yours, and you get foreclosed out, unless you bring that loan current before the foreclosure..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">