• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible encroachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrpok

i live in ny and a drainage pipe has been place through my property without my permission by the developer of my complex. what can i do about this. what are my rights

HomeGuru

Check to see if there is a reorded easement in favor of the developer/drain pipe user. If there is an easement, then they do not need your permission. If there is no easement then, tell them to remove the pipe.

HomeGuru

HomeGuru said:
Check to see if there is a recorded easement in favor of the developer/drain pipe user(s). If there is an easement, then they do not need your permission. If there is no easement then, tell them to remove the pipe.
Note: you have not stated when this pipe was placed. If the pipe has been there for many years and they can claim a prescriptive easement. If the pipe drains water onto your property, you have a different cause of action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">