• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Settlement Errors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carlosmlr

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I purchased a home about 2 weeks ago and went to settlement and no problems. Today I received a call from the Mortgage Company telling me that they made a mistake and forgot to charge me PMI of $175.00 a month and they want me to sign new mortgage papers. Can they do this???:confused:

HomeGuru

carlosmlr said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I purchased a home about 2 weeks ago and went to settlement and no problems. Today I received a call from the Mortgage Company telling me that they made a mistake and forgot to charge me PMI of $175.00 a month and they want me to sign new mortgage papers. Can they do this???:confused:
**A: yes. Did you know all along about the PNI. Was it listed on your Good Faith Estimate and on the Truth in Lending Statement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">