• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Foreign Governments on my Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Andrew C.

I own property outside of the united states. What restrictions can be placed on that land if it is outside the borders of any foreign country? Does any foreign body have the any power over that land, as the ydo not lay claim to it? Can I shoes to incorporate it within the bounds of one coutnry, with their permission?

Thanks.

Note: Whether it is relevant or not, I currently reside in the state of Tennesssee.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew C.:
I own property outside of the united states. What restrictions can be placed on that land if it is outside the borders of any foreign country? Does any foreign body have the any power over that land, as the ydo not lay claim to it? Can I shoes to incorporate it within the bounds of one coutnry, with their permission?

Thanks.

Note: Whether it is relevant or not, I currently reside in the state of Tennesssee.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not quite understand your question. But the law of the land is the key. If you own land in a foreign country, the property rights and laws of that country apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">