• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

previous owner"s property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mick8703

I moved into my house 3.5 years ago under a lease purchase agreement.The owner has 2 tractor trailers parked in the yard as well as a junk car.there are other misc. items stored in the garage.He has been telling me all this time that he will remove these things "next week".We closed on the house 2 months ago.The purchase contract says that I am to "take full possesion" within 60 days.To make a long story short,"next week" has yet to arrive.What do I do to remove this stuff?Can I legally sell it?Do I need to get title to the trucks(it's just the trailers,no cabs)?I live in Pennsylvannia.

M

mick8703

I thought it had been resolved at closing.He had 60 days to get this junk.The 60 days has now passed.Does that make it abandoned property that I can dispose of?

HomeGuru

By resolved, I meant to put a condition in the contract such that escrow retains X amount of dollars which will be refunded upon your approval. If the crap is not moved by the closing date, you will use the money and pay someone to haul/drive/tow whatever is left on the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">