• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private mortgage after the fact..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DKline83

Hi all, I'm in Florida and my In-laws sold a piece of property to one of their children. They have a written agreement that they'll pay x amount and signed over the property. They are now not receiving payments against their daughters and my council they did not put a lien on the property. We where told that they could go back and still do a private mortgage... I am unable to see how that would be done since they wouldn't be interested in signing new documents... or would they have to be taken to court for it?

Any advice would be appreciated

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi all, I'm in Florida and my In-laws sold a piece of property to one of their children. They have a written agreement that they'll pay x amount and signed over the property. They are now not receiving payments against their daughters and my council they did not put a lien on the property. We where told that they could go back and still do a private mortgage... I am unable to see how that would be done since they wouldn't be interested in signing new documents... or would they have to be taken to court for it?

Any advice would be appreciated
I would suggest that they consult with a local real estate attorney.

tranquility

I agree a lien would probably not be able to be placed on the property at this time without agreement of the owners of the property. (I only say "probably" as it might depend on the wording of the loan.) Perhaps the holders of the note could forgo their right to sue immediately on the breach of payment in exchange for the owner's agreement to getting a lien on the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">