• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private road!taxable land under road!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markhdteck

Hi,I bought 7 acres in north georgia 12 years ago,Built house 10 years ago,the property & house is at the end of the cul de sack,the road is gravel.I signed papers saying that the property owners are responsable for the up keep of the road,They are 8 property owners on the road,I am the only house in the subdivision,No owners asstion.No yearly dues.I received a letter from the developer that they were not going to pay taxes on the road anymore and that the taxes were 2 years over due.Some owners do not want to pay the taxes.They were nothing in the papers about having to pay taxes on the road.So I found out that the road was a private road and the land under the road is taxable,The county-state will not take over the road.
So at this point who will the owner be of the road?
None of the owners want start a owners asstion.!
Can the road be closed off to were I cant get to my house?
If I pay the taxes will I be the owner of road?
What do I need to do?:confused:
Mark What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi,I bought 7 acres in north georgia 12 years ago,Built house 10 years ago,the property & house is at the end of the cul de sack,the road is gravel.I signed papers saying that the property owners are responsable for the up keep of the road,They are 8 property owners on the road,I am the only house in the subdivision,No owners asstion.No yearly dues.I received a letter from the developer that they were not going to pay taxes on the road anymore and that the taxes were 2 years over due.Some owners do not want to pay the taxes.They were nothing in the papers about having to pay taxes on the road.So I found out that the road was a private road and the land under the road is taxable,The county-state will not take over the road.
So at this point who will the owner be of the road?
None of the owners want start a owners asstion.!
Can the road be closed off to were I cant get to my house?
If I pay the taxes will I be the owner of road?
What do I need to do?:confused:
Mark What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA.
You need to seek the help of a local real-estate attorney. Your situation is beyond the scope of an online forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">