• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private subdivision laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dymondb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
Hi,
I own 1 acre in Hawaiian Ocean View Estates. My question is: can the city and county police, patrol and issue traffic violation tickets in a private subdivision? All property owners pay road and maintanance fees, we do not have county water lines, etc.... but we do have 2 streets that have public access.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
Hi,
I own 1 acre in Hawaiian Ocean View Estates. My question is: can the city and county police, patrol and issue traffic violation tickets in a private subdivision? All property owners pay road and maintanance fees, we do not have county water lines, etc.... but we do have 2 streets that have public access.
**A: it depends what the infraction was and where it occurred. You should be given a break though after having to breathe all that vog.

dymondb

LOL no kidding, the volcano is only on the other side of the mountain!
Example of what hpd is doing in the subdivision:
they are parked on the side of our streets,(not city and county roads or highway) pulling cars over for seatbelts violations, and expired tags...etc....I dont understnd how they can get away with that when this subdivision is not zoned city and county. we pay the road and maintce fee's. i can understand if the violation occured on city and county hwy, then pulled the vehichle over when entering the private subdivision.

HomeGuru

LOL no kidding, the volcano is only on the other side of the mountain!
Example of what hpd is doing in the subdivision:
they are parked on the side of our streets,(not city and county roads or highway) pulling cars over for seatbelts violations, and expired tags...etc....I dont understnd how they can get away with that when this subdivision is not zoned city and county. we pay the road and maintce fee's. i can understand if the violation occured on city and county hwy, then pulled the vehichle over when entering the private subdivision.
**A: what did the police chief say about it when you called?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">