• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with neighbor..won't allow access for building.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Judith319

We are building a motorhome cover on our property.The motorhome cover is considered temporary and sits on our side of the property line. The 85 year old woman next door will not allow us access to attach the outside cover from her side of the property. She does not want us to build the cover. We are respectful of her property but need that access to install the outside of the cover on her side. I know that if we were building a fence she would have to allow access to build the fence. Is there something that allows accss for building?

J

Judith319

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Judith319:

We are building a motorhome cover on our
property.The motorhome cover is
considered temporary and sits on our side
of the property line. The 85 year old
woman next door will not allow us access
to attach the outside cover from her side
of the property. She does not want us to
build the cover. We are respectful of her
property but need that access to install
the outside of the cover on her side. I
know that if we were building a fence she
would have to allow access to build the
fence. Is there something that allows
accss for building?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot to mention that I live in WA.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Judith319:

We are building a motorhome cover on our property.The motorhome cover is considered temporary and sits on our side of the property line. The 85 year old woman next door will not allow us access to attach the outside cover from her side of the property. She does not want us to build the cover. We are respectful of her property but need that access to install the outside of the cover on her side. I know that if we were building a fence she would have to allow access to build the fence. Is there something that allows accss for building?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

The simple answer is "No." She is entitled to the "quiet enjoyment" of her land. Even though there are "fence building" laws, those laws deal specifically, and only, with sharing of the expense of such fence. With the exception of "easements" attaching to the deed of the land; e.g., mail persons, gas company, electric company, fire departments, police departments, etc., she has an absolute right to post "keep off" signs if she wanted to. In any event, my answer remains "No."

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">