• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with rural water on new property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Meerfrost

:mad:

I have recently purchased 1.12 acres to put a new mobile home on in arkansas. We mad shure that the land we got had water at the street because we wanted to avoid the cost of a well. The water company will be a rural water co. and I was recently informed that we would not be allowed access to the water lines because there was a problem with the water pressure , which they have recieved complaints about, unless we payed to have a new water pump put in. I dont think it should be my responsability to provide a new pump for everyone thats on the water lines in question. help!!!

HomeGuru

Meerfrost said:
:mad:

I have recently purchased 1.12 acres to put a new mobile home on in arkansas. We mad shure that the land we got had water at the street because we wanted to avoid the cost of a well. The water company will be a rural water co. and I was recently informed that we would not be allowed access to the water lines because there was a problem with the water pressure , which they have recieved complaints about, unless we payed to have a new water pump put in. I dont think it should be my responsability to provide a new pump for everyone thats on the water lines in question. help!!!
**A: you should have investigated the situation before you bought the property. Now you have to fight the water company.

FarmerJ

What would the cost of this pump be compared to your own private well ? How deep would you have to go to get water ? If you wouldnt have to go more than 25 to 50 feet are you able to drive a sandpoint your selfs ?

M

Meerfrost

unfortunately a well is out of the question. This is arkansas..lol..too much rock to get an inexpensive well. Not to mention that the ground water in the area reeks of sulfer.

Im just wondering why it is that the water company couldnt be held responsable for installing that pump. I thought that was the reason for charging people.....upkeep and such.

Thanx,
Frustrated

FarmerJ

If by chance you end up having to do your own well Its easy to clean well to keep that odor down . Where I am up here the water has that lovely rotting egg stuff too LOL . its not harmful to those who have no sulpher allergy . I use a liquid pool chlorinater I open the top of well head shut off the power to it I add 1/2 a gallon of that concentrated chlorine close up the well head top . let it sit for 6 to 8 hours then start flushing the well untill the chlorine smell is Nil and just run it on the ground while its flushing so that chlorine doesnt get into septic . good luck to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">