• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Propane Gas Tank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmoore

i did not see my question posted so here goes. I live in St. Mary's County, Maryland. We recently went to settlement on a home and prior to closing I called the water, electric, propane gas companies regarding service(home is electric and gas (stove, gas hot water heater) and was told by Propane Company that once we settle to fax them the HUD 1 and they would contact us regarding gas delivery. Now we are living in the home (4 yrs old) and the Gas company is saying the prior owner did not own/purchase the Underground storage tank and they want 850.00 to purchase it or they will come and dig it up for a $600.00 charge to us! We never signed anything with this company and we thought we owned the tank! Do we have any rights here? I went back and read over the sales contract with a fine tooth comb and it does not really say anything regarding ownership just that there is a tank. Thanks. The contract that the gas company wants us to sign prior to filling the tank says that if we choose to rent the present tank it will be $20.00 per mos and we are responsible for maintenance on the tank and if tank is in disrepair they don't have to come and fill it....If we rent..the least they could do is maintain the tank. Also their gas prices are higher than their competitors in area. I called another propane supplier and they said they would be glad to service and maintain and/or sell us a tank (for lower prices and better terms) however I don't feel we should have to pay other company $600.00 to dig up tank. Sorry for rambling. Thanks for any help or advice you may be able to provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">