• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David Santiago

My tenant sublet to another tenant without permisssion and moved out, sublet seems to have moved out but I don't know for sure. I asked the neighbors and nobody has been seen anyone there in a week or so. Can I retake possession immediately or due I go through eviction process? What if the tenants left some possesions behind can I dispose of them? All happenng in california. Please help.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Santiago:
My tenant sublet to another tenant without permisssion and moved out, sublet seems to have moved out but I don't know for sure. I asked the neighbors and nobody has been seen anyone there in a week or so. Can I retake possession immediately or due I go through eviction process? What if the tenants left some possesions behind can I dispose of them? All happenng in california. Please help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait a minute. You are not even the landlord/owner but a tenant yourself that did not get approval to sublet. Your issues are getting to be more of a soap opera with each post. Hire an attorney.

D

David Santiago

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Wait a minute. You are not even the landlord/owner but a tenant yourself that did not get approval to sublet. Your issues are getting to be more of a soap opera with each post. Hire an attorney. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I am the owner. Yes, it is a soap opera, no doubt I have been deceived by the tenants and this is a real situation. I rented to a relative and they have pulled fast one on me. Everytime I talk with them I get a new story. That's why you see several posts. Can you help.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Santiago:
No, I am the owner. Yes, it is a soap opera, no doubt I have been deceived by the tenants and this is a real situation. I rented to a relative and they have pulled fast one on me. Everytime I talk with them I get a new story. That's why you see several posts. Can you help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can not help you because I do not understand the real and true story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">