• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property acquired during cohab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlcnlv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I am ending an 11 year long relationship (cohabitation) - we have 3 pieces of property mortgage free that we own jointly. He owns several other properties in his name only.
I have offered to sign off on 2 of these properties if he will sign of on one (least expensive of the lot) he has refused. I am trying to live in one of these properties until we can work out an agreement. He is trying to deny me that... he has threatened to remove all doors and windows, he sabotaged the air conditioner to make the house uninhabitable, he had the utilities turned off, he entered the house and refused to leave stating that was his intention to move in to this house - (he lives in a 7000 sqft home of his own) - How can I end the harassment so that I may stay in this house. Is there anyway to get a court order to liquidate property owned this way so that the proceeds might be split?

mlcnlv

sorry

I didn't know where to post this question. Family law, Real Estate??? I'm sorry if I upset the delicate balance of your world.

seniorjudge

I didn't know where to post this question. Family law, Real Estate??? I'm sorry if I upset the delicate balance of your world.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/domestic-partnership-gone-bad-432157.html#post2053235

Double posting is extremely rude.

mlcnlv

I'm sorry

It didn't seem extremely rude to me. I didn't know where to post ... is this a family law issue a real estate issue ... I don't know. I have been left completely penniless ... I'm feeling stupid, betrayed, humiliated ... etc. I simply hoped for some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">