• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property, cemetery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeann

What is the name of your state? Michigan- I would like to have ownership of 2 cemetery garvesites that are in a section of Hillside Cemetery St. Clair that belonged to my ggggrandfather. There are gravesites available the last burial took place in 1867 with 15 sites unused. All descendants would be owners but I have no way of knowing who or how many people that includes. Since there has been no burials in so long is there some way I can just prove relationship to aquire this property? Thank You Jeann

HomeGuru

Jeann said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan- I would like to have ownership of 2 cemetery garvesites that are in a section of Hillside Cemetery St. Clair that belonged to my ggggrandfather. There are gravesites available the last burial took place in 1867 with 15 sites unused. All descendants would be owners but I have no way of knowing who or how many people that includes. Since there has been no burials in so long is there some way I can just prove relationship to aquire this property? Thank You Jeann
**A: you have 2 issues, one being finding out the status of probate and the other being finding out who who currently owns the cemetary.

J

Jeann

cemetery property

The City of St. Clair, Michigan ownes the cemetery. The owner of the property made a will dated June 28, 1871 leaving all property to be divided among his 8 children. Lots contain 20 sites, 3 of these sites are used by one of the 8 children, all other sites are unused. I think my gggrandmother as one of the 8 children would be entitled to 2 sites. I would like to claim these 2 sites, although I am not her only descendant, no one has been buried there since 1867. Thank You--Jeann

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">