• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carl thor

I live in a forest community and my neighbor who lives above me on the hill decided to trim off about 20 branches of a large fir tree that is about 100 feet above my house on my property. I contacted him afterward when i found out and he admitted that it was a mistake and that it had looked like it was on his property when he pointed it out to the tree cutters before he went to work and left them alone. He said he realized he was wrong and wanted to resolve the problem. I checked the tree and found that there already were only about 25 limbs in total on the tree and only five were left. Of the ones that were cut off, most were hanging in the tree and in other trees and were not removed. I realize some large fir trees can die when so many branches are removed and if it fell it would crush my house. I recommended that he simply have the tree taken down and I would finish removing it. It took three months of waiting and no action before I decided to call him again and remind him of the problem. The next day his wife showed up at my door with a tree surgeon wanting to see the tree so he could evaluate whether it would fall down or not. I reminded her that if it fell it would be a major problem and the simplest solution would be two drop it now and cut it up. She stated that she and her husband would make all the decisions about the tree. I have not heard from them for three weeks now. What should I do?
I would appreciate your advice. Thank you. Carl T.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carl thor:
I live in a forest community and my neighbor who lives above me on the hill decided to trim off about 20 branches of a large fir tree that is about 100 feet above my house on my property. I contacted him afterward when i found out and he admitted that it was a mistake and that it had looked like it was on his property when he pointed it out to the tree cutters before he went to work and left them alone. He said he realized he was wrong and wanted to resolve the problem. I checked the tree and found that there already were only about 25 limbs in total on the tree and only five were left. Of the ones that were cut off, most were hanging in the tree and in other trees and were not removed. I realize some large fir trees can die when so many branches are removed and if it fell it would crush my house. I recommended that he simply have the tree taken down and I would finish removing it. It took three months of waiting and no action before I decided to call him again and remind him of the problem. The next day his wife showed up at my door with a tree surgeon wanting to see the tree so he could evaluate whether it would fall down or not. I reminded her that if it fell it would be a major problem and the simplest solution would be two drop it now and cut it up. She stated that she and her husband would make all the decisions about the tree. I have not heard from them for three weeks now. What should I do?
I would appreciate your advice. Thank you. Carl T.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call again and if you still get the runaround, send a certified letter demanding that the tree be cut down and removed (or whatever the deal was or now should be) within 10 days of receipt of the letter. Your cooperation will help to prevent commencement of legal action taken against you.

Signed,
2'x4'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">