• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmckinney

I Live in Washington, DC and I live in the DC Public housing. A valve burst from the boiler and caused a flood on the first floor of the rented house. There was so much water that my furniture and other items were damaged, they reeked real bad and were mildew from the water. It took the maintenance man over an hour to suck up the water with some kind of drum. I filed a complaint along with a reimbursement claim, that the procedure. I was denied reimbursement. This was no fault of mine, the heat was even on, this was July 2000, hot weather. I need an attorney to assist me. And there has been quite a lot of water problems in the house since moving in and the management knows about it. Furniture had to be thrown away

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rmckinney:
I Live in Washington, DC and I live in the DC Public housing. A valve burst from the boiler and caused a flood on the first floor of the rented house. There was so much water that my furniture and other items were damaged, they reeked real bad and were mildew from the water. It took the maintenance man over an hour to suck up the water with some kind of drum. I filed a complaint along with a reimbursement claim, that the procedure. I was denied reimbursement. This was no fault of mine, the heat was even on, this was July 2000, hot weather. I need an attorney to assist me. And there has been quite a lot of water problems in the house since moving in and the management knows about it. Furniture had to be thrown away<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check with your local Legal Aid office.

T

Tracey

Sounds like you have a good claim, but there might be a law that says you can't sue DC public housing even when it's their fault. You never know in DC, since congress makes the laws directly & they're not very good at writing laws normally enacted by states. They aren't very good at writing federal laws either but that's another story..... ;)

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">