• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

midamp

What is the name of your state? Missouri

A natural gas pipeline runs across my property. We have what is called a blanket easement. So far in dealing with the gas company, everything they have told us has changed as they saw fit. Now they are coming in to replace the existing gas line with a new one. They said they have a 66' wide easement and within this easement they will clear any trees. We have a lot of trees. They are moving the gas line 10' farther north, so of course the easement is moving with it.

What rights do I have as a landowner, if any? I am going to meet with them next week to discuss what they are planning on doing and I'm hoping to convince them not to take so many trees. Legally, can they do whatever they want with no regard for the landowner? So far the only rules or regulations I have found are generated by the gas company themselves.

HomeGuru

You would be best served by contacting an attorney to review your title report, survey, easement agreement etc. and advise you accordingly. The property is still yours as the legal titleholder. The gas company may be full of hot air.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">