• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Lean

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmsugi

state of illinois

about 9 months ago someone my husband & i know was starting his own internet service provider business. he was going to offer his customers wireless internet. he asked us if he could have a t1 installed at our home and put a transmitter on our roof.
in exchange he would give us free internet. we said yes you can. we did not sign any
contracts. the t1 was ordered and installed under his company's name. we have no ties to his company except we allowed it to use our roof. now his company is going out of business and my question is can his creditors put a lean on our property just because we had equipment on it or for any other reason?

G

gottago

No.

The only thing they could do is come after the equipment.

If you don't like the guy, start charging him a rental/storage fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">