• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property line... with a twist...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheib

What is the name of your state?Washington

I have an ongoing issue with a fence my neighbors knowingly built onto my property. For years we have been arguing with them to remove the fence (it was built onto the retraining wall holding up the land on the side of my house).

As of today, because of the behavior, I know have a 1 year anti-harassment order against the female neighbor (she is very obnoxious). Of course, she 'counter' filed and the judge this morning granted both of our orders. Our orders specificaly restrict eachother from entering the 'real' property of the other.

This may not be in the right forum, but if I get a record of survey done and prove the land is mine, can I remove the fence without violating the no-contact order? (or, I guess I could just get my spouse to do it while I am at work).

:(

S

sheib

They've never argued the line before..

These people never argued the line before. Even in the court docs they wrote for the anti-harassment petition, the female claims to have gotten our 'verbal' permission to put the fence on our property. (Why would you ask your neighbors to put a fence on your own property?) Also, these houses were new when we moved in (1996), and in fact the corners were still staked out by the developers when that fence was built about a year after (they threw the stakes into my backyard months after we were demanding the fence be removed).

The only reason for the survey now is purely for the fact that these people are bold faced liars, and I want to make darn sure I am in the right before we go ripping that fence down. But, the issue still remains with the no-contact orders we both have.

HomeGuru

Re: They've never argued the line before..

sheib said:
These people never argued the line before. Even in the court docs they wrote for the anti-harassment petition, the female claims to have gotten our 'verbal' permission to put the fence on our property. (Why would you ask your neighbors to put a fence on your own property?) Also, these houses were new when we moved in (1996), and in fact the corners were still staked out by the developers when that fence was built about a year after (they threw the stakes into my backyard months after we were demanding the fence be removed).

The only reason for the survey now is purely for the fact that these people are bold faced liars, and I want to make darn sure I am in the right before we go ripping that fence down. But, the issue still remains with the no-contact orders we both have.
**A: in your first post you stated, "for years we have been arguing with them.."
Hence my question, why have you waited so long to order a survey.
You need to hire an attorney as you have numerous issues of a restraining order, possible fence encroachment etc.

S

sheib

We were sure that's was the next step. We've already ordered the survey, so we'll make sure and contact someone. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">