• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

picklepug

We live in my husband's family home. The original property owner was his grandmother and she sold an acre and a half to my late father in law and gave 2+ to her other son. She still occupies the original home. We don't know where the property lines are and she has decided to mark them on her own by planting trees. Now I really dont' care about the trees, it's just that we seem to have to go along with where she says the line is.
She also allows her oldest grandson to live in a travel trailer with no septic system installed.
Because the family has problems she is determined to try and piss me off. It's not working, I find it amusing. But what legal documents can I secure, can I force her to pay to have the property lines surveyed? She has more money than we do and we are not infringing on anything of hers but we have used some legal channels in the past to protect our own.
I just recently called the police on her grandson because he was beating up his pregnant girlfriend and lo and behold...two more seedlings popped up on the property line. And one of them was dead!
Can I get a copy of the property plat and what office do I call to do that?
Gotta love a close knit family huh?

HomeGuru

If you are an owner you can order and pay for your own survey. If not, you can't force an owner to get one.

FarmerJ

my comment is only about the unit with no septic system . Where are they answering natures call at A old pre existing outhouse ? where are they getting water from ?

P

picklepug

There was a hose hooked up to the trailer but I have been informed that there is no water going to it anymore. As to where do they do their business? I am assuming in the trailer and dumping it outside of the trailer. I was told this by another family member.

FarmerJ

Forgot to say also your county govt center can tell you how to order a plat book but survey will tell you exactly where your lot lines are and once you know this Pound into the ground a pipe as deep as you can on each of the corners of the lot lines (like a 6ft long pipe leaving the top 18 inches showing so it marks the lot line )

R

rhouston

you should also plant some magnets near the pipes, surveyor did this for my mom so if someone takes out markers line can eaily be found again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">