• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mhjb

Hi:
I bought a house in June 9th 2000. there was no survey available however at the rear of the property there is a frost fence which has been there for over 10years. The property behind my property is up for sale but has no house on it and is not looked after by the owners.
Here is my question.
I was sick of looking at it so on my side of the frost fence I built a wooden fence. {I left the frost fence up and did not alter it in any way} Only to have a visit from the owners behind me 1 month later saying I would have to move my fence as it is 1' 6" into his property. I can not find any markers and the survey msap he supplied clearly shows the frost fence and his actual property line 1'2". what is the law in regarding this do I have to move my fence or since the frost fence has now been up for over 10 years can I by law claim this 1'2" of property or do I just sit back and wait to see if he sells the property and then what.
Name: James B. Cockburn, Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">