• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property management

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

br49

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have a rental house in Texas and have had the same property manager for over 9 years. I fired him and he told the new property manager that he does not have the tenants security deposit. He said he gave it back because the tenants on previous occasions did some work or etc. to the house and this is how he reinbursed them their funds. I was never informed of this. This broker has always done things that was worresome, but I put up with it bescause I live in another state and did not want the hassle of finding another one. He had a $3500.00 air conditioner put in and never notified me until after the fact. He has done this on almost everything. He does the work and than notifies me after the fact.

Do I have any recourse besides filing a complaint agains him with the real estate board of Texas? I would like to get damages because he let the tenant pay their rent late, and in fours years would never raise the rent. also, the tenant always pay their rent late and he said because they took care of the house that he just let it happen.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have a rental house in Texas and have had the same property manager for over 9 years. I fired him and he told the new property manager that he does not have the tenants security deposit. He said he gave it back because the tenants on previous occasions did some work or etc. to the house and this is how he reinbursed them their funds. I was never informed of this. This broker has always done things that was worresome, but I put up with it bescause I live in another state and did not want the hassle of finding another one. He had a $3500.00 air conditioner put in and never notified me until after the fact. He has done this on almost everything. He does the work and than notifies me after the fact.

Do I have any recourse besides filing a complaint agains him with the real estate board of Texas? I would like to get damages because he let the tenant pay their rent late, and in fours years would never raise the rent. also, the tenant always pay their rent late and he said because they took care of the house that he just let it happen.
**A: yes, you could also sue the property manager and his principal broker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">