• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hillbilly322

What is the name of your state? TN

I inherited some real estate ffrom my parents when they passed away. The will mentioned my name and not that of my wife, but when the deed was made, it included her name as well as mine. If we should divorce, is she entitled to half ownership even though she was not named in the will?

HomeGuru

hillbilly322 said:
What is the name of your state? TN

I inherited some real estate ffrom my parents when they passed away. The will mentioned my name and not that of my wife, but when the deed was made, it included her name as well as mine. If we should divorce, is she entitled to half ownership even though she was not named in the will?

**A: yes, because the deed takes precedence over the will. The will is a dead issue now unless you clear it up soon by either going back to Probate Court or coorecting the mistake with the probate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">