• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Ownership

• Thread starter whachamucallit2
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whachamucallit2

In Louisiana there is a piece of land, which now has a restaurant and is being mined for oil. My family is supposed to be recieving money from this property and part ownership of it. But many years ago, my great grandfather never recieved rights for the land, because his family made several attempts to disown him from the family for marrying a black woman. I am black and from his side of the family, my grandmother is the only remaining child from my great grandfather.
My family has made attempts in the past to recieve ownership rights of this land, but somehow are denied. The owners of the restaurant on the property are looking for the other owners of the land (us). And i would like to know all of the legal terms we are allowed to owndership of this land. So i can also help with the fight for the land. Basically, just tell me everything i need to know that could help us get this land back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">