• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Survey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bowlingj

i am in ohio. i had a survey done of our property for a fence and found out that we own about 25 - 30 feet of our neighbor's land. we just built our home aug '00, one set of neighbors have been there before us, the others just moved in apr '01. they have a swing set that is half on our property. there is a ditch that was told to everyone to be the "property line", but in actuality our property goes well into what they though was their yard. i am not sure who to contact on this and what my rights are. i know that currently i am paying property tax on all of that land. the developers of the sub-division are also my builder. my neighbors have a different builder. can anyone help?
thanks,
jennifer

HomeGuru

bowlingj said:
i am in ohio. i had a survey done of our property for a fence and found out that we own about 25 - 30 feet of our neighbor's land. we just built our home aug '00, one set of neighbors have been there before us, the others just moved in apr '01. they have a swing set that is half on our property. there is a ditch that was told to everyone to be the "property line", but in actuality our property goes well into what they though was their yard. i am not sure who to contact on this and what my rights are. i know that currently i am paying property tax on all of that land. the developers of the sub-division are also my builder. my neighbors have a different builder. can anyone help?
thanks,
jennifer
My response: what is your question?

B

bowlingj

Should I contact the developer? Should I get a lawyer? Should I make them move the ditch? Should I sell the land to my neighbors and if so how do I find out how much it is worth?
I am just at a loss here. I do not know my rights and what my first step should be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">