• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property takeover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

batykefer

What is the name of your state? In Pa. I've heard if you care for unclaimed or undeveloped property for more than seven years you may claim it as yours. I've maintained what I thought was a right of way for 15 to 20 years. Now there is talk of someone purchasing it. The area is zoned commercial and I don't want commercial traffic running through. Do I have any control over the problem?:confused:

HomeGuru

batykefer said:
What is the name of your state? In Pa. I've heard if you care for unclaimed or undeveloped property for more than seven years you may claim it as yours. I've maintained what I thought was a right of way for 15 to 20 years. Now there is talk of someone purchasing it. The area is zoned commercial and I don't want commercial traffic running through. Do I have any control over the problem?:confused:
**A: read your state's adverse possession laws. There are various factors to meet the test and only one of them is maintenance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">