• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property tax hellllllllllllllllllp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baby_23_46526

My husbands ex_wife owns 4 acres she did not recive this threw the divorce but it was given to her by my husbands step brother well we had been reciveing a tax bill for this for the last 7 years when i would call the treasure office which i did on several occasions they told me that this was part of the 44 acres my husband owned well last time we where in michigan i called them again and they had us come in and look at the plat book my husband looked at it said this is not my land nore did i ever own this come to find out is ex wife put are address and his name on the tax form and told them to mail it to us so we have been payint taxes on land we never owned for 7 years all because the treasure office said it was right when i called is ex wife and told her she told me she was trying to get it changed for the last 3 to 4 years i thought if that was the case why did she not contact us and ask us to change it instead she let us keep paying on this land which we never owned can you please help .

[This message has been edited by baby_23_46526 (edited August 15, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by baby_23_46526:
My husbands ex_wife owns 4 acres she did not recive this threw the divorce but it was given to her by my husbands step brother well we had been reciveing a tax bill for this for the last 7 years when i would call the treasure office which i did on several occasions they told me that this was part of the 44 acres my husband owned well last time we where in michigan i called them again and they had us come in and look at the plat book my husband looked at it said this is not my land nore did i ever own this come to find out is ex wife put are address and his name on the tax form and told them to mail it to us so we have been payint taxes on land we never owned for 7 years all because the treasure office said it was right when i called is ex wife and told her she told me she was trying to get it changed for the last 3 to 4 years i thought if that was the case why did she not contact us and ask us to change it instead she let us keep paying on this land which we never owned can you please help also we just found out that we have been charged for a personal tax and we dont own a buisness which they told me that that was what that tax was for know has a answer please help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the first tax you mentioned is concerning real property taxes, ask her to pay you back. And do not pay any current or future bills for the property.

The personal tax issue: from what office is this from? State, Federal, City. County?

B

baby_23_46526

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
If the first tax you mentioned is concerning real property taxes, ask her to pay you back. And do not pay any current or future bills for the property.

The personal tax issue: from what office is this from? State, Federal, City. County?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> it is for a township tax

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by baby_23_46526:
Originally posted by HomeGuru:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> it is for a township tax
What exactly is this township tax for?

B

baby_23_46526

Originally posted by HomeGuru:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> it is for a township tax they say that it is for a buisness which we never had to start with so we had to pay a personal tax which is threw our township that we lived in for a type of buisness like a gas station etc which it did not apply to us when i asked them they knew nothing had know records of it ever being sent to us but i have a recipt and tax forms requesting us to pay this so i did

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">