• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Damon5683

I am a Pastor of a church in maryland, and we have been in the same church for 27 but we have one problem : The church property is in the name of the old church that was in the building before us. When we did a property search the name on the searches were blank or said unknown. What should we do?:confused:

Thanks in advanced Damon

HomeGuru

Did your church buy the property from the old church?
You need to hire an attorney to procure the chain of title based on a valid title search and prepare the appropriate documents.
This attorney would need all property procurement documents.

D

Damon5683

sold but no title or deed

We brought the land and c the church, we paid on it for 15 years but we never recieved the title or deed and now the two parties who made the agreement are dead. all I have is a letter stating the terms of the purchase but it is vague. They were supposed to draw up a contract but it never came up. How long does a process like this take? I would like it to be finished by the summer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">