• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased a Repo'd Home - Title Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gaenna

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hopefully someone can assist. We purchased a repo'd mobile home in 2004, paid via cashiers check (have copy), and presumed the company we bought it from would submit the title information as they stated. We went to sell the home in 2009, only to find out that the initial lien on the home was never released and transferred into our name, and furthermore, the company we bought it from never had a title in the first place to allow them to sell it.

This same company referred us to a 'broker' that "bought" the home (have contracts), but failed to pay us - and when when we took it to court - it was determined we were not on the title and therefor had no claim. Please Help!

Thanks, Gaenna

justalayman

well, unless you buy the home from the owner, you cannot take title and unless the lien holder is paid for whatever the lien is for, they aren't going to release the lien.

I have no idea who you bought the home from but that is who you would have an action against for your loss.

Gaenna

Thank you for your reply. What sort of claim am I even looking at? As you can tell - this is all new to me...All we want is is a) a refund on the initial purchase of the home, or b) return of the home with a clear title in our name so we can resell it and void the contract with this other broker the company sent us to.

The company we bought it from has only apologized but failed to take any action to correct the situation. We are still living in one of their mobile home parks and are reluctant to make waves until we have firm ground to stand on. Thanks again.

Gaenna:)

justalayman

Given the confusion of the situation, I suggest speaking with a local lawyer who can review, first hand, what has happened. It sound like the sale itself was either fraudulent or the seller failed to fulfill the contract. As I said before, you may end up with a problem due to it being so long since you bought the home.

divona2000

Texas...purchased a repo'd mobile home in 2004...
Gaenna...purchased a mobile home in 2009 that was purported to be "new" according to the contract and broker. We applied for and recieved financing on the home. We recently found out that the home in question was actually used (according to the TDHCA with whom we are working on another issue and the county tax records), and one year older than stated in the contract/financing documents.
Due to issues with this same broker/company (in "other real estate questions thread), we have lost what is to us a great deal of money, and are facing foreclosure. We would have never agreed to finance the amount of money we did on a used mobile home - as the depreciation rate is such - what can we do? The finance company essentially said - "Not our problem" and the broker will not deal with us. Any advice is appreciated
https://forum.freeadvice.com/mortgages-refinancing-foreclosure-107/contract-misrepresentation-re-home-purchase-546963.html

Bought in 2004 or 2009?
Is this even the same mobile home?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">