• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

putting a lien on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my younger brother and his fiancee have been living in a home purchased by my father. My father, his wife and her son are all on the deed. My father had verbal agreement with my brother..he would rent to buy and must improve the property. My father has since passed away and his wife has said she is selling the house. My brother and his fiancee have sunk thousands in material and labor) into the house (they are self employed contractors.) I have recommended he not try to buy the house but he should see if he can put a lien on the property to get back at least some of what they put in.
He lives in MA. What is involved in putting a lien on title?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
my younger brother and his fiancee have been living in a home purchased by my father. My father, his wife and her son are all on the deed. My father had verbal agreement with my brother..he would rent to buy and must improve the property. My father has since passed away and his wife has said she is selling the house. My brother and his fiancee have sunk thousands in material and labor) into the house (they are self employed contractors.) I have recommended he not try to buy the house but he should see if he can put a lien on the property to get back at least some of what they put in.
He lives in MA. What is involved in putting a lien on title?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why have you recommended not to buy the house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">