• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about quit claim deed. Should be simple.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rucontent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I have a quit claim that spans two pages. The signatures of the grantor and the notary public/witnesses are all on the second page. I am just curious if there is anything in the documentation that links the second with the first page where most of the legal verbage is?

My second question is about the part where is it says "in consideration of." i have read that if there is no payment to put 1 dollar and love and affection. That seems kind of childish and coy. Especially in a divorce situation which this is. Is there an alternative way of expressing the fact that nothing is being paid to the grantee. Can i just say in consideration of $0?

thanks if you know

FlyingRon

Love and Affection are not "value" or "consideration" as far as the law is concerned.

You either put some tangible marketable value down or it is a gift.
A quit claim doesn't need either one expressed. However, the county (or whoever) may require you to designate such when it is recorded.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I have a quit claim that spans two pages. The signatures of the grantor and the notary public/witnesses are all on the second page. I am just curious if there is anything in the documentation that links the second with the first page where most of the legal verbage is?

My second question is about the part where is it says "in consideration of." i have read that if there is no payment to put 1 dollar and love and affection. That seems kind of childish and coy. Especially in a divorce situation which this is. Is there an alternative way of expressing the fact that nothing is being paid to the grantee. Can i just say in consideration of $0?

thanks if you know
**A: a doolar is nothing. Use $10.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">