• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about squatting.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GandBsMom

We live in North Carolina and I wanted to know if anyone knew what can happen if we squat on a home it has been abandoned for 5 or 6 yrs it was a repo but they just left it I know who owns it the company that is they have done nothing with the property, me and my husband want to claim it but we want to know our standing on it we have heard of squatters rights but we want to know if we will get aressted if we try to move into it. if anyone knows anything about this subject let me know Thank you VEry much in Advance.

HomeGuru

GandBsMom said:
We live in North Carolina and I wanted to know if anyone knew what can happen if we squat on a home it has been abandoned for 5 or 6 yrs it was a repo but they just left it I know who owns it the company that is they have done nothing with the property, me and my husband want to claim it but we want to know our standing on it we have heard of squatters rights but we want to know if we will get aressted if we try to move into it. if anyone knows anything about this subject let me know Thank you VEry much in Advance.

**A: is this a house with land or a mobile home?

GandBsMom

The same company that owns the Home. COUNTRYWIDE HOME LOANS INC I have also contacted our tax office and there are no taxes owed on it.

HomeGuru

GandBsMom said:
The same company that owns the Home. COUNTRYWIDE HOME LOANS INC I have also contacted our tax office and there are no taxes owed on it.

**A: then if you moved in, you would be trespassing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">