• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Tax Liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coolwhs

I Live in Lake County Indiana, and looking through the tax lien sale, there are some odd situations that I thought I'd ask what would happen if the buyer doesn't pay.
1. If a property has about 1/5 of a house on it, can I take the whole house or is it a worthless piece of land?

2. If a property is completely surrounded by another person's property, is there any right to access, and if they plant crops on it, who owns the crops they plant?

3. If a 40 foot strip of property sits between a house and the road completely blocking access (the property is landlocked basically) unless the land is used, is it possible to charge the owners a fee and/or block them from getting to their own property?

I appreciate any advice or assistance.
Thanks,
William

CSO286

I Live in Lake County Indiana, and looking through the tax lien sale, there are some odd situations that I thought I'd ask what would happen if the buyer doesn't pay.
1. If a property has about 1/5 of a house on it, can I take the whole house or is it a worthless piece of land?

2. If a property is completely surrounded by another person's property, is there any right to access, and if they plant crops on it, who owns the crops they plant?

3. If a 40 foot strip of property sits between a house and the road completely blocking access (the property is landlocked basically) unless the land is used, is it possible to charge the owners a fee and/or block them from getting to their own property?

I appreciate any advice or assistance.
Thanks,
William
If a tree falls in the forset and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

We don't do homework.

We don't do hypotheticals.

Have a nice day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">