• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tommy 522

What is the name of your state? ky can i claim a quick claim deed for a strip of land that was a street that was never opened all the way through. the neighbor that adjoins the other side so street had a new survey of his land he had 3 plots with 3 deeds and had them combined into one and they went to the middle of the street and made it his new corners and bounderys. am i entitiled to the other 1/2 or is his new deed invalid ? this street is used by both of us he is useing it as a drive way i use it to access the rear of my house & to get to my boat & other trailers parked in back the neighbor is talking about selling his house &property i dont want someone buying it and closeing it off or refuse to let me access my property. if i can quick it wher is a good site i could down a form for the deed i need help.

HomeGuru

tommy 522 said:
What is the name of your state? ky can i claim a quick claim deed for a strip of land that was a street that was never opened all the way through. the neighbor that adjoins the other side so street had a new survey of his land he had 3 plots with 3 deeds and had them combined into one and they went to the middle of the street and made it his new corners and bounderys. am i entitiled to the other 1/2 or is his new deed invalid ? this street is used by both of us he is useing it as a drive way i use it to access the rear of my house & to get to my boat & other trailers parked in back the neighbor is talking about selling his house &property i dont want someone buying it and closeing it off or refuse to let me access my property. if i can quick it wher is a good site i could down a form for the deed i need help.

**A: no.

T

tommy 522

qick claim deed

** to what part of questions is no refering to ?

J

jffossati

I'm not a lawyer but I would think you would at least be able to go to the court and get an easement of necessity issued. Then it wouldn't matter what your neighbor did with his property.

Souix

tommy 522 said:

**My Answer: Tommy you are confused. There is no such thing as a Quick Claim Deed. Its actually called a Quit Claim Deed. A Quit Claim Deed has nothing to do with what you are talking about. If I am understanding your post correctly, there are 3 homes on your street and you are all using the street??

I would think that you will need to go to your county or city surveyors office and see how to remedy this. You'll need to have a survey done anyway to have an access easement prepared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">