• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SellerD

Prospective buyer of my condominium has requested a quick deed. As seller, what should I be concerned with when transfer is done by a "Quick Claim Deed". In California.
SellerD

[This message has been edited by SellerD (edited July 25, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SellerD:
Prospective buyer of my condominium has requested a quick deed. As seller, what should I be concerned with when transfer is done by a "Quick Claim Deed". In California.
SellerD

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The deed is a Quit Claim deed and if I were the Buyer I would want a Warranty Deed. A Quit Claim deed just deeds whatever interest in the property the Grantor ( Seller) has to the Grantee (Buyer). If the title is clouded with liens etc. the Quit Claim deed just passes title as is. In a Warranty deed, the Grantor warrants to the Grantee that the title is free and clear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">