• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick to Rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

edlas2u

In Febuary, husband and I relocated out west(CO).while owning a home in florida,we are currently renting to a tenant. I briefly,researched some L/T laws,typed up a month to month written agreement,tenant signed. In this agreement,Tenant maintains premises...Should any repairs or improvements be needed ,upon receipt, would be deducted from rent. If at the end of this month to month agreement, T shows receipts at this time,is L responsible?
Another portion of this agreement, Only 2 occupants will reside in this dwelling.
In April,T son was released from prison(served 4 years). And of course, resided with T.
Upon being informed of this situation, I imediatley informed T to read her agreement.
T admitted and responded, son was only staying there until he got on his feet.
I currently have a person who collects for me,they recently advised me that T son is still in the said dwelling.
I am currently renting myself,my rent is over double (being raised in the near future)
of what i charge my T.I could desparately use the extra $.
Someone advised me the only way L could raise T rent is if improvements have been made to said dwelling. Is this true, would it stand in fact,since T openingly admitted to breach of contract?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by edlas2u:
In Febuary, husband and I relocated out west(CO).while owning a home in florida,we are currently renting to a tenant. I briefly,researched some L/T laws,typed up a month to month written agreement,tenant signed. In this agreement,Tenant maintains premises...Should any repairs or improvements be needed ,upon receipt, would be deducted from rent. If at the end of this month to month agreement, T shows receipts at this time,is L responsible?
Another portion of this agreement, Only 2 occupants will reside in this dwelling.
In April,T son was released from prison(served 4 years). And of course, resided with T.
Upon being informed of this situation, I imediatley informed T to read her agreement.
T admitted and responded, son was only staying there until he got on his feet.
I currently have a person who collects for me,they recently advised me that T son is still in the said dwelling.
I am currently renting myself,my rent is over double (being raised in the near future)
of what i charge my T.I could desparately use the extra $.
Someone advised me the only way L could raise T rent is if improvements have been made to said dwelling. Is this true, would it stand in fact,since T openingly admitted to breach of contract?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to read the applicable L/T laws of the State that the property is in. You are handling many things the wrong way.
You should not type out your own rental agreement but use a preprinted form such as the Board of Realtors one. If the tenant paid for landlord responsible expenses, yes you will responsible for these expenses even if presented long after incurred. You can raise the rent for any or no reason after giving the required written notice on a m/m lease. Check with your State laws to see if you need to have a designated manager that lives in the same State as the property, to manage the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">