• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quiet deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mongoone

What is the name of your state? michigan.
exactly what is a quiet deed? i was told it is a way to steal property from "not so smart"neighbors. if it's true then how can i protect my properties from becoming quietly deeded?is there a time frame involved? is there a way to put something in my papers at the county court house that alerts me if there is a potential "swiping"m of my property?
thanks for the assistance
rick

HomeGuru

mongoone said:
What is the name of your state? michigan.
exactly what is a quiet deed?

**A: perhaps a deed that makes no sound in a forest.
There is what is known as a quiet title deed that is used to settle property interest disputes.

i was told it is a way to steal property from "not so smart"neighbors. if it's true then how can i protect my properties from becoming quietly deeded?

**A: whoever told you that is "not so smart".

is there a time frame involved?

**A: yes, the duration of time in which the deed keeps silent and does not make a sound in a forest.

is there a way to put something in my papers at the county court house that alerts me if there is a potential "swiping"m of my property?
thanks for the assistance
rick

**A: sorry, in your county bells, whistles, alarms, foghorns etc. are not allowed in papers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">