• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quiet Title? 40yrs paid taxes, just discovered not owner on title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweere

As I planned my folks estate, we discovered the small lot my father won in 1965-66 from a drawing and has been paying taxes since never had the title transfered to him. The owner is a company that ceased to exist in 1990, per the Secretary of State. Can't find any remainders of the company. County has old title but no other info.

Evidence: Signed statement from dad, canceled checks back to 1969, and tax bills from 1982.

Appears hiring a lawyer for a Quiet Title Action is needed. Where can I read up on QT procedures, case histories, background, etc? I'd like to be an informed consumer before hiring an attorney.

Thanks,

Kevin

HomeGuru

Sweere said:

As I planned my folks estate, we discovered the small lot my father won in 1965-66 from a drawing and has been paying taxes since never had the title transfered to him. The owner is a company that ceased to exist in 1990, per the Secretary of State. Can't find any remainders of the company. County has old title but no other info.

Evidence: Signed statement from dad, canceled checks back to 1969, and tax bills from 1982.

Appears hiring a lawyer for a Quiet Title Action is needed. Where can I read up on QT procedures, case histories, background, etc? I'd like to be an informed consumer before hiring an attorney.

Thanks,

Kevin

**A: search the internet, your state statutes, case laws etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">