• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quiet title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littleladybug01

Pennsylvania We are having a problem with some property that we own. The neighbor has had their propery surveyed and are saying that our home is on their property. Another surveyor who inspected the property first believes the entire area to be unsurveyable due to conflicts in deeds. Our attorney told us we could start a quiet action title by placing a fence where we believe the property line to be. And by also removing the pegs that are in our yard and throwing them back into the neighbors yard. We are a little nervous about doing so. What will happen when the police are called?? We have not yet had our property surveyed because we are trying to hunt up pictures of a fence that used to be the boundry lines for many years. The home has been there for over 50 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our attorney had told us that we have nothingto worry about because of adverse possession. Is this true??? There was never any problem with the property lines until they had their property surveyed. They were the first to have a survey but from what we are to understand, that leaves us having to prove them wrong.

L

littleladybug01

what in your opinion should we do besides hiring a new attorney?? Can you explain to me how a quiet title works, and if what our attorney has told us to do is legal?? I would really appreciate any help that you could give me. We don't live in the house that I am speaking of, but it was my husband's family home, and he is worried sick that he may lose it. Could that happen?? Do you know of any laws that would be on our side?? Also, the reason we chose the attorney that we have is because he is the one that did the deeding of these properties many, many years ago. The property was owned by a coal company and then sold to families. The homes were actually at one time the homes of those who worked for the coal company. So, these houses have been there for a long time. Another concern, we are afraid that the cost of getting this matter cleared up, will out weigh the the actual value of the home and property. But like I said, it was my husband's homestead, and he doesn't want to just lose it. Please, if you have, or could find any information that would be helpful, I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">