• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim after 8 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TCLABDC

California - 8 years ago, divorced, he got house, was supposed to do a quit claim, I got 1/2 his pension & owe him some $$$$. Told him to sell or refinance long time ago, he couldn't, asked if I could stay on loan & house, was nice & said yes. Also nice about not asking for more child support. No problems, 4 years ago, I see lawyer to make him refinance, lawyer said no can do, but can get more child support, didn't do that (was nice again). Now ex says he wants to refinance, & I need to sign quit claim, said I would if he relinquish the $$$$ I owe & pension, it would be fair, since I let him keep the house many years ago. He said no...see you in court. I said ok. Question...What are my options & what can I do? I know legally I have to sign quit claim, but since all these years passed, will the law be on my side? Can't afford a lawyer. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">