• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wgill

What is the name of your state? Florida
a quit claim deed to property was signed and notorized by the guarantor and myself on June 24, 2002 as collateral for a loan if he the guarantor failed to repay. However the quit claim deed was not going to be recorded if the loan was repaid. Since then the loan has not been paid, I informed the original guarantor and the girlfriend that i would be recording the deed until all monies were paid. after going to record the deed I later found out that another quit claim deed was written to the girlfriend in July after the original he wrote to me. my deed was recorded a day after the girlfriends. What can I do? Is this any type of fraud?

HomeGuru

wgill said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
a quit claim deed to property was signed and notorized by the guarantor and myself on June 24, 2002 as collateral for a loan if he the guarantor failed to repay. However the quit claim deed was not going to be recorded if the loan was repaid. Since then the loan has not been paid, I informed the original guarantor and the girlfriend that i would be recording the deed until all monies were paid. after going to record the deed I later found out that another quit claim deed was written to the girlfriend in July after the original he wrote to me. my deed was recorded a day after the girlfriends. What can I do? Is this any type of fraud?
**A: you are screwed man. That's what happens when you play your own attorney. You should have gotten a mortgage on the subject property and recorded the mortgage. That way even if the property was transferred to his girlfriend, you would still have a secured interest on title.

Last edited:
C

cclovins

You didn't say how much money you were taking about. If $ 5,000 under(Fl law) a small claims law suit will do the trick If more you will need to sue with a lawyer. But a law suit might be you only answer. Since he's Quit claim to someone else you will need to find some other assets to go after.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">