• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dd33

i live in california,
recently i've filed bankruptcy.

unbeknownst to me, day prior to my filing bankruptcy. someone who i do not know, filed a quit claim deed using my name and granting me 100% of some property. the first i heard of it was when i received court papers in the mail.

i do not know these people nor do i want anything to do with them or thier property.

can i refuse the quit claim they filed? how do i protect myself?

thanks!

HomeGuru

dd33 said:
i live in california,
recently i've filed bankruptcy.

unbeknownst to me, day prior to my filing bankruptcy. someone who i do not know, filed a quit claim deed using my name and granting me 100% of some property. the first i heard of it was when i received court papers in the mail.

i do not know these people nor do i want anything to do with them or thier property.

can i refuse the quit claim they filed? how do i protect myself?

thanks!
**A: do some investigation and see if the property has equity. If it does, turn it over to the BK Trustee.
Send the Kris Kringle a thank you card.

D

dd33

Unfortunately there is no equity... 20K more than it's worth is owed. =(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">