• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed Being Deeded back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

true2u9091

I live in California, I quit claim deeded my property to a person that was to fix the problems with the home and when this was complete he was to sell the property,Instead he rented the property out of course with my loan still intact , Making long story short here they are over two months behind on the payment he is willing to deed the property back to me and evict the people in the home, heres the problem they invested in the home with installing central air, and hard wood flooring do i have to remburse them for this or is the person that orginally made the agreement liable. My contract clearly stated that the home was to be sold period but since he is going to give me the house back please help me on this one

HomeGuru

true2u9091 said:
I live in California, I quit claim deeded my property to a person that was to fix the problems with the home and when this was complete he was to sell the property,Instead he rented the property out of course with my loan still intact , Making long story short here they are over two months behind on the payment he is willing to deed the property back to me and evict the people in the home, heres the problem they invested in the home with installing central air, and hard wood flooring do i have to remburse them for this or is the person that orginally made the agreement liable. My contract clearly stated that the home was to be sold period but since he is going to give me the house back please help me on this one
**A: wow, what a mess.
This is a lesson here. NEVER EVER deed your property to someone in this fashion.
You are in real deep. Get him to deed the property back to you right away. Hopefully, he has no liens and judgements against him and against the property. If so, you are even more screwed. At the same time, hire an attorney like yesterday because these tenants are going to go after YOU for the money and also sue you for the property. Why? Well this guy most likely did a rent to own, lease option or installment contract with them. So you call them tenants but they call themselves the owners.
Make him tell you the real facts, the whole truth. You need to know the rest of the story.
Good luck to you and next time hire an attorney first so that your legal help is proactive rather than reactive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">