• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit claim deed change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashley829

NY STATE:My parents bought a piece of property 9 years ago, The agreement was: my hubby and I pay the mortgage and live in the big house, my parents pay nothing and live in the guest house. A will was made by my parents leaving my hubby and myself the house. A year after my dad passed away, mom said she didnt really want to keep the house, so we told her to sell it and we would move, the only thing we asked for was the $ we put into the house, for a new addition, a new roof on her house etc... she decided to do a quit claim deed change, she signed the house over to myself and my hubby, we took over the remaining $100,000.00 mortgage. Now 3 years later and as drunk as ever, she is claiming we FORCED her to sign the house over to us??? She has never bought this up before until recently. Can she anything about it now? She now does have a severe drinking problem and this past week stormed into my house screaming, to the point that I had to call the NYS Troopers to get her out.?? What do I do?

Ashley829

Home Guru

Thanks for the reply,
I guess I did not want her now saying she signed the house over in duress 3 years ago, and she made a decision under stress, which she DID not, she was all there when she made the transaction. Thanks again for the reply.
Diane

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">